[Sportsandrec] TENNIS FOR THE BLIND?

Ricky Lomey rickyl at iafrica.com
Sun Nov 1 17:17:58 UTC 2009

I lost selected email messages between 24 April 2009 and 14 May 2008 from
Outlook Express and I think some might relate to a question I am sure was
posed on this list about tennis for the blind. I found some info on tennis
for the blind, I have heard of sound tennis and it appears to be exactly the
same though not sure what soundtennis.info website has. I am also hoping to
get articles on this but the game originated in Japan in 1990, not sure if
anybody in the U.S. is aware of it or tried it. I have a .doc of the adapted
rules as of August 2009 from the U.K. and there is also another link to
rules from England though they are from 2008, also a power point coaching
manual which I am not sure who can convert into
a readable or listenable format. There is also a youtube link. The balls are
mini tennis balls cut open with an audible teble tennis ball put inside but
they apparently break easily. However, a possible remedy to the problem with
the balls could exist in the u.S. and I am not sure if you are aware but my
search led me to the American Printing House for the Blind which stocks the
30-love sound adapted tennis balls, 30-love sound tennis kit and 30-love
sound table tennis balls, not sure if the tennis kit and balls would work
and be better than putting audible ping-pong balls into a mini tennis ball
that seems to need replacement often. Interesting that it does not say
whether though an altered full-sized adult racket is not permitted whether
an unaltered full-sized adult racket is permitted but surely for practice
one could be allowed to use an adult
racket with the balls from the American Printing House for the Blind
provided the balls are black and yellow? I don't want to post anything to
this
list without permission from the list owners.

Rick

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091027-0, 2009/10/27
Tested on: 2009/11/01 07:21:46