[Sportsandrec] hunting

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Thu Nov 5 13:18:39 UTC 2009

Joe,

Have you deer hunted before?  I have been very successful here in Wisconsin,
and even was involved directly with the passage of a laser sight law that
allows persons possessing a Class-C hunting permit, issued by the Wisconsin
DNR to use a laser sighting device to harvest game.  Of course, one of the
conditions is that we have an assistant with us at all times, but the laser
allows for greater hunting independence in the woods and meadows.  I have
been using a high intensity military green laser with a daytime distance
visibility of about 200 yards and night time sometimes reaching 3 miles.  It
is amazing!  Of course the night time is for the wild hogs around here,
varmints like coyotes and other species, but I am definitely an avid hunter.
I still have not picked up a bow, due to time constraints with work, but
would like to get back into it some day.  Right here in a small community 20
miles east of where I live, is where they produce the Mathews bows.  I have
been talking with one of their reps to design a prototype that would have a
laser built into the bow itself.  Just thinking ahead!

Let us know how your hunt was.  I am always eager to talk with a fellow
hunter and get others involved in this type of conservation.  If anyone is
interested, I am also very involved in a regional organization that creates
new and enhances existing opportunities for persons with disabilities and
elders to access the outdoors.  We do a lot...check us out at
www.nasasquirrel.org

I can explain the squirrel thing later, but it does relate!
Steve