[Sportsandrec] Tandem Bicycle for Sale

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Sat Oct 10 20:41:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

My older brother, in Pittsburgh needs to sell his tandem. He wants one that
will better fit his bride, in the front seat.

It is a 1997 KHS Tandemania, probably purchased new in 2001? It has less
than 300 miles on it, maybe less than 200. It is a 20" up front, fitting
captains from about 5'4" to about 6'1". The rear is an 18", fitting stokers
from maybe 5' to about 6'. It is in excellent condition with many
accessories and upgrades. It is forest green with silver decals. It is a 21
speed, with the shifters able to be mounted in either position. Currently,
they are in the stoker position. My brother, too, is blind.

The bike is $600. Accessories include a rear rack, five bottle cages, and
cyclometer. Upgrades include faster tires, alloy handlebars, and bigger,
cushier, cruiser saddles with springs.

The bike is in Pittsburgh, PA, but shipping can range from an additional $30
to $130, depending on where you live and which method you choose. For $5, I
will personally ride it to your door, if you find me a pilot.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. I am the bike
geek of the family. I, too, have a 1995 Tandemania, so I am very familiar
with them. They are a solid value.

Best,

Ron & the cycling family bears
Austin, TX