[Sportsandrec] Resources for a parent seminar on sports participation?

Rene Harrell rjharrell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:32:55 UTC 2010

Hello all :-)

I'm new to this list. My name is Rene Harrell. I have a soon-to-be nine year
old daughter who is blind, and I also run our state Parents of Blind
Children organization, in Colorado.

This year, we want to focus on one of our three hour parent seminars on
sports and recreation participation. As we are located in Colorado, I have
already been in contact with USABA, and I'm waiting on a return call from
the National Center for Sports and Disability, which has offices in Winter
Park and Denver.

I'm wondering if anyone on this list can give other suggestions for
contacts--- both organizations and individuals--- who could provide
brochures, information, tips, and even possibly might be able to provide a
person to attend the seminar (October 30th, 2-5pm).

In addition, we plan on putting together a resource list and a "tip sheet"
for parents. If anyone on this list can can provide either resources or
tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Rene
--
" I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be."