[Sportsandrec] new member and a question

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 10 14:46:11 UTC 2010

Hey Ben, welcome!
You should attend a class and "watch" listen to the class and be near them
treading water while you do it if you are able to tread and listen. After
class talk to the instructor expressing your desire to join the class. Tell
he/ she that verbal cues will have to be given so you will know what is
going on.
I spin as well and do abs after. The positions are explained to all new
members joining your first class or two generally. They know the regulars.
The abs stuff was harder as it's not as cut and dry. My teachers got to
where they were real wordy and will watch and tell me if I am not doing it
right. Fitness instructors and the workout community in general I think are
a team help oriented mind-set naturally I think and so are usually pretty
eager to assist.
I went to a boot camp class in this same manner to see if it was for me and
to show I could really smile. I decided it was too much work for me to learn
what everything was and that it was the workout I was interested in and not
the strain of paying attention so I have passed on them. The knowledge that
I could do it was more important tom me than was the sticking in there. By
the way, I have very little to no usable vision in the gym and who cares
anyway.
Find out what you want to do and go after it.
You can!
Joe Shaw