[Sportsandrec] participating in water fitness classes

Laura S. Havard lshavard at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 22:39:51 UTC 2010

		Dear Ben:
I have participated in Water stretch classes for many years at the YMCA. I
used a variety of strategies in order that I could get the most of the
class. I would talk to the instructor before the class. Ask the instructor
to give verbal instructions. S/he may be willing to demonstrate what the
particular moves and give it a name. You could also position your self near
someone else who is able to assist in either describing the moves and or
showing you physically.  Many of the moves are done over and over through
the class and repeated in follow-up classes. Request from the instructor
instructions as move to the right, left forward and back as it relates to
your position and not have to flip the directions since the instructor may
be facing you. Keep hanging in and you should be able to learn most of the
moves. The most important thing is that you are moving and moving means
burning calories. Have fun with it. If you get confused just move in a way
that you can.
Enjoy the class.
Laura