[Sportsandrec] ACE Personal Trainer book

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sun Jul 4 20:10:05 UTC 2010

The ACE personal trainer book is:
ACE Personal Trainer Manual: The Ultimate Resource for Fitness Professionals
(3rd ed)
Bryant, C.X., Green, D,H.
RFBD shelf #: HN-689
Note that ACE will be releasing the 4th ed. this summer, so this book will
be a little out of date for the exams.

The ACE group fitness instructor manual has not been completed as of yet,
but I have sent the book to RFBD. It may take a while, I was told the
readers of the anatomy and physiology materials are extremely busy this time
of year.

Another good book is one from the American College of Sports Medicine
(ACSM), but I personally feel that you need a little more fitness education
background, as it is a little more "technical" than the ACE book. Also, ACE
(as well as most other exercise organizations), get their research
information from the ACSM (they are one of the most recognized exercise
authorities).
ACSM's resource manual for Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription
(4th ed).
RFBD shelf #: GZ771

There are also a few books on exercise physiology, again a little more
technical, depending on your background.

Hope this helps.

Kelly