[Sportsandrec] Braille cloth measuring tape for body measurements and talking body fat scale?

Christine christine at bicyclingblind.org
Tue Jul 6 19:32:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

About the body fat scale - those are not super accurate.  They use
bioelectrical impedance.  These results are influenced based on when you
last ate, fluctuating body weight, time of day, etc...  Think of those
results of a rough ballpark estimate.  I emphasize rough.  If you want your
body fat measured find someone who is trained at using skinfold measurements
- at least 3 sites, but preferably 5 or 7 sites.

I have a B.S. in Sports Medicine and a M.S. in Exercise Science, so this is
my field.  Good question and I hope I was able to help you.

Christine TInberg, M.S., M.S.
Founder & Tandem Pilot
U.S. Blind Tandem Cycling Connection
P.O. Box 944