[Sportsandrec] Self-Defense

Matthew Ford mjf68ster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 17:29:08 UTC 2010

Greetings to you all!!!!

For those that had the privilage to attend this year's NFB National
Convention in Dallas may have joined the group for self-defense training. If
this is the case, I highly recommend the book *Safe Without Sight: Crime
Prevention and Self-Defense Strategies for People Who are Blind*. It is
written by Wendy David, Kerry Kollmar, and Scott McCall. It is great for
future study and pratice. It is used in conjuction with the Self-Defense
course offered by Hadley School for the Blind (http://www.hadley.edu), whic
offers free distance education courses for high school students and adults.
It is important to continue to practice and stay informed on how best to
protect yourself. The book is free to those who sign up for the course and
is available on audio cassette. Ed Haines is the instructor and is excellent
in working with his students. I have taken the class myself and earned an A
or an S. For these reasons, I haihly encourage anyone who is interested to
take the course and/or obtain a copy of this book.

Hope all is doing well and enjoys their summer!!!!
--
Matthew J. Ford