[Sportsandrec] FW: Mark Your Calendar: 4th IBSA World Championships and Games

Christella Garcia christellablue at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 04:25:28 UTC 2010

  _____

From: United States Association of Blind Athletes [mailto:etap at usaba.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 4:54 PM
To: Christella Garcia
Subject: Mark Your Calendar: 4th IBSA World Championships and Games

 USABA Logo
<http://content.delivra.com/etapcontent//UnitedStatesAssociationofB/USABA.jp
g>

Mark Your Calendar:  4th IBSA World Championships and Games
April 1-10, Anatalya Turkey

The International Blind Sports Federation (ISBA) recently announced the
dates, site and events for the 4th IBSA World Championships and Games.

We have no official information beyond what we're providing you in this
document.  We've contacted the games' organizing committee and will pass on
additional information to you as it becomes available.

*	Dates:  April 1-10, 2010

*	Location:  Anatalya, Turkey

*	Sports we will enter as Team USA:

*	Athletics (Track and Field)

*	Goalball (based on prior Paralympic qualification status)

*	Judo

*	Powerlifting

*	Swimming

*	Qualification Standards:  Unknown at this time; requested from
organizer.

*	Age Standards:  Unknown, but more than likely ages 15 and above.
Please note this is a separate and distinct event than the 2011 IBSA World
Youth and Student Games we will host  in July, 2011 (Colorado Springs) for
athletes ages 12-19.

*	Projected Costs:  Unknown; requested from organizer.   If you
believe you may be participating, now is the time to begin your fundraising
efforts.

Although we don't have specific qualification standards, at a minimum to be
considered to compete in this prestigious event as a member of Team USA, you
must:

*	Be a current USABA member.

*	Be a US citizen.

*	Be able to be classified under IBSA's rules (B1, B2, B3).

*	Be actively competing in your sport:

*	Goalball players will meet National team standards.

*	Track/field athletes, must be training/competing in track/field at
school or in a track/running club.

*	Judo athletes must be training in a dojo and competing on a regular
basis.  Additional standards may be established by USA Judo.

*	Powerlifters must be training and competing in USAPL sanctioned
meets.

*	Swimmers must be training and competing in swimming at school or in
a swim club.

*	Complete all forms as they become available and follow the USABA
Code of Conduct.

As information is received USABA will place it on our website: www.usaba.org
<http://www.usaba.org/> .
Remove
<https://atl.etapestry.com/prod/optOut.do?principleRef=1726.0.148637&email=c
hristellablue%40gmail.com&databaseId=UnitedStatesAssociationofB&jobRef=1026.
0.124748869> my name from all future email correspondence

Address postal inquiries to:
United States Association of Blind Athletes
33 North Institute St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903