[Sportsandrec] FW: [USA-GOALBALL] Youth Goalball Tournament in Western US

Christella Garcia christellablue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:47:57 UTC 2010

  _____

From: usa-goalball at googlegroups.com [mailto:usa-goalball at googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Tony Jepson
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:57 AM
To: usa-goalball at googlegroups.com
Subject: [USA-GOALBALL] Youth Goalball Tournament in Western US

This morning I sent an email to a number of people involved with youth
goalball in the Western United States. I am sending a copy of that mail to
members on this list in case any of you are also involved with youth
goalball or know people who are who should receive this information. If so,
I would appreciate it if you would forward this message to anyone you think
might be interested.  Thanks. Tony.

For several years we have considered the feasibility of hosting a goalball
tournament for youth in Utah for teams in the Western United States. Since
Youth Nationals in Florida is going to be later this year we felt it was
time to give the idea of a western tournament serious consideration. A
tournament in the western region would give our goalball players another
opportunity to participate in a tournament and to prepare for youth
nationals.

PLEASE GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK. We will NOT go forward with plans to host a
tournament in the fall of this year UNLESS there is support for it. We would
do everything possible to keep the cost of the tournament low; we would use
local officials, a low or no cost gym, and we would probably not give out
t-shirts. That means our costs would mainly be for providing food and
trophies or medals. We know that the real cost is the travel and housing.
The hotel cost would be about $50/night per room for up to four people. We
would provide transportation to/from the airport.

Please reply to this message with the following information:

Team (school or state) ___________________

Boys ________     Girls __________

Contact Person ________________________________   Phone ___________________

We would:
    ____ Probably not participate in a tournament this year but maybe in the
future
    ____ We would maybe participate in a tournament this year depending on
____________________________J
    ____ We would definitely participate in a tournament this year

Please check the date or dates that would work for you:
    ____  Sept 10-11
    ____  Oct 8-9
    ____  Oct 15-16
    ____  Oct 22-23
    ____  Nov 5-6
    ____  Nov 12-13

Would you be interested in participating in some sort of social activity one
evening (dance or something)? _____

Please give other comments:

Tony Jepson

Utah Foundation for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Providing services to Utah's blind children, youth & young adults since 1988
Sponsor of Utah Goalball
2009 Boys National Goalball Champions

www.ufbvi.org <http://www.ufbvi.org/>