[Sportsandrec] Tandem Cyclocross...

PghJohn11 at aol.com PghJohn11 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 17:48:55 UTC 2010

What is a "cyclecross" race?

In a message dated 10/7/2010 10:03:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kthornbury at bresnan.net writes:

Has  anyone else on list tried to tandem a cyclocross race??? Recently,
several  club members (probably jokingly) mentioned how much "fun" a
cyclocross  would be on a tandem, and last night one of the members and I
tried it.  With only two "practice" laps (the first spent mostly off the
bike
discussing how to handle different obstacles), we entered the "Juniors,
Women, and Group C (beginner) men" race (we're a small club, and only hold
two categories...the really fast and the rest of us. We came in last, but
by
the end of the 30-minute race we had enough technique to keep up with  the
last of the single riders...Losing ground on the obstacles but  catching up
in between dismounts. It was quite ugly (but if you have to  go, go big, go
early, and go ugly, right?!?), and a whole lot of fun. I  sure can see why
this is not an UCI event, but just maybe if there is  growing interest...

Sportsandrec  mailing  list
Sportsandrec at nfbnet.org