[Sportsandrec] Craigs List equipment for Lori

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Mon Feb 21 18:18:58 UTC 2011

Lori,

If you can find a listing near your home, where you can get a good look a
the equipment, it would probably be a good deal. Often equipment is sold
merely because it has become an expensive, space-robbing clothes rack. You
would want to make sure all the cables are in good shape, the pulleys are
good, and there no obvious nicks on composite rods (if you are looking at a
machine with rods). Be warned the rods may still break eventually (its hard
to know how well maintained or how much abuse they have taken), but
typically replacement costs are not extravagant if you have to pay for
replacements. The condition of the seats and back rests are more of a
personal nature (I don't mind the liberal use of duct tape on my favorite
machines, gives it a burley, well used look). You will also want to make
sure all the little parts (handles, clips, ect) are accounted for. Again,
not expensive replacements typically, but if you don't know its supposed to
be there, you may miss out on a whole group of exercises.

As with a new machine, the value of used equipment is largely in whether or
not it gets used.

Kelly