[Sportsandrec] family yard sports

Roger Acuna kearney125 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 02:06:44 UTC 2011

Beeping frisbee?  Does the beeping mechanism weigh down the frisbee?  Is the
beeping mechanism durable?  I have a sighted seven-year-old son.  I am
always interested in looking for  toys/games that I can use with him.  The
plastic bag around the ball is great. I most recently  began pitching a
medium size softball to him and he must have great hand-eye coordination
because he manages to hit most of my pitching, and I am a complete blink!  I
am now thinking to set up a beeping target behind home plate so that I could
start pitching more conventionally because I have been underhanding the ball
and he has that down. Time to step it up!  So I'm thinking to set up a box
with a beep ball set in the center to where I will aim my pitches.  We have
also recently started playing catch. That is, I toss the ball to him, and he
rolls the ball back and I repeat the process. Its working out just great.  I
would welcome any ideas from folks.  I'll keep you guys abreast regarding
are baseball  adventures. Hopefully no broken windows!