[Sportsandrec] Accessibility to Fitness Equipment

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 18:30:44 UTC 2011

I'm not sure if this is the right list to address this issue, but I feel
it's got to be addressed somewhere.

There's been some discussions within the NFB about the lack of accessibility
to fitness equipment at workout centers. Many of them are programmable, and
they don't give nonvisual feedback.

While it's possible to just get on a bike and ride, it's not possible to
program things like your heart rate, weight, etcerera to use the courses.

Since I live in an apartment, the best place for me to work out is at my
local fitness center.

Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do to address the accessibility
problems with fitness equipment? Thanks.