[Sportsandrec] Great Sources for Workouts

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 23:17:26 UTC 2012

Not long ago, I discovered a couple of resources for great audio workouts that I believe are worth checking out. The first is

www.highenergyfitness.com

Marina Kamen is a singer, songwriter, voice artist, and just plain gifted woman. She is the driving force behind these workouts, which are economical, anywhere from $1 to $4, depending on whether you want a 10-minute or 30-minute workout. She offers workouts for walking as well as for use on an elliptical trainer or treadmill.

One problem I've found with many fitness programs in the past is that they include a booklet that is supposed to show someone how to do the moves. These programs do not.

Also, these programs are more subtle with the instruction, giving you suggestions and motivation, rather than yelling at you or making you feel stupid. I've used some of these workouts, and I find them relaxing and fun.

Marina writes most of the music for these workouts, and it's just plain good.

Marina also has her own radio show, Musical Health Talk. You can listen to it at

http://www.ftns.co/

The direct link to the show is at

http://ftns.co/team/marina-kamen/

There is also an iPhone ap for portability. This can be had from

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ftns-worlds-1st-fitness-radio/id409509368?mt=8

Another site that offers downlodable workouts is

www.itrain.com

These workouts are a bit more serious, and may include a PDF file along with the audio. Personally, I didn't care as much for them as I felt that the trainer's instructions are much more intrusive. I couldn't really enjoy the music on these workouts, since the trainer's voice kept getting in the way.

Be aware that both sites do suffer from some access issues. But if you can get past these and let them know what you'd like them to do about it, please check these sites out. Thanks.