[Sportsandrec] No AdapTap System Necessary

Justin.Williams2 justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:16:31 UTC 2012

Use it if you have too.

-----Original Message-----
From: sportsandrec-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:sportsandrec-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of JUSTIN LOUCHART
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 3:58 AM
To: Sports and Recreation for the Blind Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Sportsandrec] No AdapTap System Necessary

Hello,

I'd find it interesting to see if someone who puts down overusing
adaptations is a frequent sighted guide user, or if they are an active
echolocation user? Humans did in fact evolve to be active and passive
echolocation users, and sighted guide is a cultural adaptation, not an
inherent biological one. My point: If a categorical imperative is in fact a
categorical imperative, it's universally applied.

Just a thought based on principle, not the flow of conversation...

Justin

On 8/10/12, Robin <robin-melvin at comcast.net> wrote:
>   Hello:
>
> I don't THINK we should try to IMPOSE our views of what works for us
> upon others.
>
> If adaptation helps, use it. if it doesn't, don't use it. It's that
SIMPLE.

--
Justin Louchart
JALOUCHART at GMAIL.COM