[Sportsandrec] Sports Modification Over-Kill

TNABA tnaba at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 9 02:29:00 UTC 2012

I too must say I have faced this type of things in school and adulthood.
That is why I have been so passionate about the TN Association of Blind
Athletes. We work hard to make sure we teach minimum adaptations that take
care of the need but does not bring any more attention to the person. When
we consult with physical education teachers we always try and focus on the
easiest technology is the simplest methods. I think sometimes people don't
think about the emotional effects that these situations have on an
individual. NO one with or with out sight wants to be singled out or made to
feel different.

Any thats my two cents worth.

Warmest Wishes
Ricky Jones