[Sportsandrec] Ideas needed!

Audrey Farnum atfarnum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:32:52 UTC 2012

Where did you put the bells? Seems like if you put them on your
guide's paddle instead of the kayak, they would have to jingle every
time the paddle came in contact with the water. I think those annoying
jingle bellsthat you see alot on Christmas decorations could be
mounted fairly unobtrusively on the paddle handle somewhere between
the hand and paddle blade. Or, have you tried going in front and
letting your guide follow and give verbal course corrections from
behind you? I' tried kayaking once when it was too windy to row and
that's how we did it. Of course, this was flat water and it was pretty
quiet. Maybe background noise would make this difficult but you could
probably get some 2 way sports radios. I know a cyclist who has some 2
way radio headsets that allow cyclists to talk hands free. Not sure
about the waterproof thing though. I'll keep mulling this over and let
you know if I come up with any better ideas. Good luck.

Audrey