[Sportsandrec] clueless coaches

jody at thewhitehats.com jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Jul 10 18:13:45 UTC 2012

Hello bill,

Yes, we are now in the heartland of Florida about 10 miles south east of
Sebring.  Our little town has a population of 1,649.  We have a post office,
two convenience stores, a volunteer fire department and a church.  We are in
the center about two hours from Tampa, Sarasota, Orlando and West Palm
Beach.

We have a 24 foot square barn and Tom is building a gym in the front corner.
We have five acres and a push mower so I guess that qualifies as a work out.
Tom only mowes a small part around the house but he still takes five days
with one hour a day of pushing the mower.  The funny thing is that we bought
a riding mower many years ago when we anticipated getting a farm but the
plans never worked out.  He mowed our 80 by 100 lot with it until it died.
Yes, we will be getting a substantial riding mower when a good one shows up
on Craig's List.

Meanwhile I keep reminding Tom of how much grass a horse eats in a day.
Hahahahaha

My exercise is raking up four years of fallen leaves and digging out a
vegetable garden.  I still can't get used to a planting season of September
through April.  I gardened up north between May and October.

Having a farm seems to keep people young.  I just love it.  The sounds of
roosters, cows, horses, ducks and dogs in the morning really makes you feel
alive.

JODY