[Sportsandrec] clueless coaches

Bill Kociaba williamkociaba at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 19:02:21 UTC 2012

Hay Jody,
Wow the farm sounds fantastic!  I am very happy for you.  Its very true you
won't have to worry about working out if you have to clean up five acres and
keep it in shape yourselves. Forget that riding mower pushing that mower is
a great workout.
About the kettlebells; I have been weight training both myself and others
for the better part of the past 35 years but the kettlebells are a whole new
thing.  And the jury is still out on that killing or making stronger thing.
I used to think I was in pretty good shape. The trainer I hooked up with is
awesome.  She is my age (53)and super fit.  She had a little trouble
correcting my form at first especally on the more explosive movements that
have to be done very quickly.  Its not like I can feel her doing them like I
could with a bench press or a curl but we have worked through it.  I think
she is enjoying the challenge of training me as much as I am enjoying the
torture.
On the subject of others saying we can't... I have been looking into getting
certafied as a kettlebell instructor.  I saw that there is going to be a
clinic in Orlando in Oct and contacted the group.  They were pretty negative
about letting me do the training.  We went back and forth a bit and they
finally gave me the dirct contact info for the person who is going to be
conducting the clinic and told me to work it out with him.  Haven't gotten
to calling him yet but I need to. Its a pass fail thing and if there are
just too many people in it I know its going to be hard for me to get any
extra help I might need.  Got to talk with the guy then diecide.

Bill Kociaba
CRUISEONE
Bill at Ycruise.com
954 227 7772 or Toll Free 877 227 7775