[Sportsandrec] running tethered

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Fri May 4 02:44:46 UTC 2012

Hey guys,
I hadn't run with a guide tethered before last night. We went almost three miles around a greenway course here in Nashville. It went really well, and I went in a little unsure. We only slipped the rope over our fingers, which was not what I had feared and pictured. We are doing the Achilles program. I urge anyone to find one of their (our) programs in your city. It is a national deal where they provide guides to people with disabilities. We had a totally blind lady complete her first half marathon a couple weeks ago. I don't enjoy running, but running outside allows for a better experience that also makes us more in tune and able to function as do sighted athletes. It opens another avenue. My only complaint is my thighs are killing me today, but I think that was always going to be problematic smile. They won't eventually.
Be well,
Joe Shaw, Nashville TN