[Sportsandrec] Any archers on list

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Tue Oct 9 23:16:26 UTC 2012

> Toni,

Archery is definitely not out of the question for the blind, and you should really consider giving it a try. It's growth in the US seems to be painfully slow, but in Asia and Europe, especially in the United Kingdom, blind archery is becoming quite popular. I got into archery through a dare from a supervisor, a college course, and an instructor who enjoys the challenges of my taking her classes.

Depending on a shooters usable vision, there are a number of techniques for hitting the target.  I can't find many really good websites on describing the different techniques, but I did find the IBSF rulebook on archery to be helpful. The IBSF is working with the IPC to get blind archery into the Olympic games.

As I am pecking away on the iPhone until my computer is repaired, I will just leave my number at the bottom of this message so you or anyone else can call if you want more details on how I manage to blow up so many arrows in the wall. My equipment, techniques, and thought processes, are too complicated to list. Otherwise, I can be more detailed when I get a keyboard.

Kelly
(307) 421-8522