[Sportsandrec] Working with New Fitness Center

Bill Kociaba williamkociaba at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 19:41:00 UTC 2012

BIKING IS AN EFFECTIVE EXERCISE BUT IT IS NOT A TOTAL BODY SOLUTION. The
answer really depends on what your fittness goals are.  If strength and
muscle are your goals the bike is going to be of little value.  If improving
your cardio conditioning is your main goal the bike is good but an eliptical
which also offers you upper body movement would be better. The bike will do
nothing for you muscle tone wise from the waist up. legs butt hips and a
minor bit of abs.  A good fittness program needs to incorperate both some
kind of restince training along with some kind of cardio. Bill