[Sportsandrec] Great article about blind rower

Audrey Farnum atfarnum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:33:20 UTC 2012

Good morning list.

Thought you all might be interested in this article about a blind
rower who got her first exposure to rowing at a Sports & Rec Division
rowing demonstration. She rowed in the Paralympics and is a walk on to
the University of Washington Crew. There's some great stuff in this
article. I like how it avoids the usual inspirational and amazing
nonsense that usually comes up with stories about blind athletes.
Plus, there's a shoutout to the NFB! I highly recommend.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/w-crew/spec-rel/090512aae.html

Audrey