[Sportsandrec] Jumping Rope

Tristan Pierce tpierce at aph.org
Mon Apr 29 15:41:03 UTC 2013

For anyone interested in creating your own exercise orientation/anti shock mat, the mat I am talking about is exercise-grade foam and the border pieces are sloped to provide a smooth transition from the 5/8 inch (14mm) foam mat height to floor level. Borders give the foam mats a clean edge that help prevent tripping when entering and exiting the mat area and the slope prevents the rope from hanging up on a hard edge. You purchase the mat and border sections and put them together like a puzzle. The company that sells them is at www.softtiles.com. You can create your own mat to any size, with or without the sloped border pieces.

Ms Tristan Pierce
Project Leader
Research Department
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206-0085
502-899-2380