[Sportsandrec] other marathon runners

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 15 13:31:41 UTC 2013

Hey Brandon,
Karen and I are training for the half here in Nashville in late April. Our
goals have been a mile by month's end, we did a 5K yesterday running most,
and then add three miles each month. I am not a runner and do not like it.
However, we have found a great community of people who are fun to hang with
and makes it less of a chore than just having fun. We run with Achilles. I
urge to find or start a local chapter. It is a group of distance runners who
run with people with disabilities. This community has also given a platform
to discuss issues confronting the community i.e. public transportation. I
also am making sure to supplement with a treadmill three or four times
weekly.
Be well.
Joe Shaw
jrs3147 at comcast.net