[Sportsandrec] Miami speaker request

Bill Kociaba williamkociaba at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 00:18:55 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley,
What am I going to speak about?  Honestly I will figure that out as I go
along.  A lot will depend on the crowd.  Age etc.
Seriously I want to simply remind the members how important exercise is
especally if they don't work or live a more sedentary lifestyle. If we are
looking at older folks as denice indicated I will remind them that most
insurance plans offer some kind of a free gym membership and that they
shouldn't let it go to waste.  I will explain that getting healthier is not
a huge undertaking that only making minor changes in the way they eat and
things like walking a little more can and will make a difference.  I will
knock down some of the more popular excuses for eating poorly.  "i am on the
road a lot and have no choice but to eat fast food..." thats one of my
favorites. Of course we all know that weather it be McDonalds or BK or
Subway there are healthier alternatives on all their menus.

Then there is "I can't aford...or I can't get to a gym" and the answer there
is that simple body weight exercises like squats pushups crunches step ups
on a chair or even a step are all effective ways to get fitter and stronger
and you can do them anywhere and they don't cost anything.
I will pretty much play it by ear(which is what I tend to do most of the
time)I will open it up to questions and hopefully that will point me in the
direction I should take it.
As far as tips for everyone on the list goes I have offered sevral times in
the past to help anyone out there with exercise or nutrition programs just
contact me directly at williamkociaba at comcast.net.
Everyone has specific needs and goals and I prefer to aproach every
situation on an an individual basis.
As far as websites go I am interested in any site that is pretty accessable
and you find useful.
One last thing kind of off topic;  We had a little discussion about TRX a
few weeks back and I said I would be at national in Orlando and was planning
on bringing mine to do some one on one demonstrations or small group kind of
things.  I got a few interested people contact me but at this point I really
would like to hear from everyone out there who is thinking seriously about
being in Orlando and might have an interest.  I have made the people at TRX
awaire of my plans and they are very interested in the response.  I am
hoping that I can tell them there is a lot of interest and possably getting
them to donate a TRX unit to be auctioned or raffeled off as a little fund
raiser(for what I am not sure but ...)
So please get back to me if you are interested in learning about TRX
training while in Orlando
Have a fantastic weekend everyone
Bill