[Sportsandrec] Sighted Players on Goalball Teams? Yes or No.

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Fri Oct 25 19:43:31 UTC 2013

Please forgive the crossposting and slightly OT post, but I want to make sure anyone that has any passion for goalball, gets to give their opinion on this issue. Please pass it along.

>From USABA, 10/25/2013:
"Goalball Players and Coaches - We'd Like your Thoughts on an Important Matter:
There has been ongoing discussion among many goalball players regarding whether or not USABA should permit inclusion of sighted players in our national goalball program.  If you play or coach the sport, we are seeking your feedback on this topic. Should USABA permit the inclusion of sighted players in the national Goalball program? If so, should there be a restriction on the number of players on a team or on the competition floor at any given time? Any feedback you can provide on this subject is welcome.
Please provide your thoughts to John Potts (jpotts at usaba.org[mailto:jpotts at usaba.org]) or Mark Lucas (mlucas at usaba.org[mailto:mlucas at usaba.org]) by November 8, 2013."

Strive On!
Everett