[Sportsandrec] Martial Arts for the Blind

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 24 03:33:44 UTC 2013

Jody,
You sure did a lot! I hope I'm not the only one unsure on some of these
sports.
Which would you say helps you more with self defense? I would think simple
moves you can do automatically would help most in the real world to get
attackers off you.

Can you explain more? What is jodo? Did you participate with other sighted
people in a typical class?
What is the difference between some of these sports? I know aikido and judo
both involve throws, defenses against chokes, pinning people on the ground
and joint locks.
Also what is crav maga? Can you give examples of some moves? Since that is
most like street fighting, I would guess it’s the most intense and prone to
injury for participants.
I knew you were the one who did crav maga so I'm glad you spoke up.
Thanks.
Ashley