[Sportsandrec] Episode 22 of The Blind Sport Podcast - The First Blind Marathoner

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:48:22 UTC 2014

fYI.

Episode 22 of The Blind Sport Podcast - The First Blind Marathoner is out.

 In episode 22 we chat with John Stratford from New Zealand about
being the world's first blind person to run a marathon. In 1965,
distance runners had a very different approach to racing in the
marathon. Wearing tennis shoes, no water during the race and a 20 mile
recovery run the day after was just the way things worked. There are
some great stories of how he would train alone, running the streets
totally blind and dealing with injuries and attitudes.

I also include some motivational quotations.

 You can subscribe, download and listen to The Blind Sport Podcast for
free via iTunes or the website http://theblindsportpodcast.com. It is
also on AGOGO, Tune in, Stitcher and IBlink Radio.

 Please share this podcast link with your social networks as the more
that people get to listen, the greater the ability to create a
community of blind sport supporters.

 Be a friend of the show by following @blindsportmike on Twitter or
liking our page on Facebook http://facebook.com/theblindsportpodcast

 Cheers,

Mike

Mike Lloyd
Host of "The Blind Sport Podcast"

Website: http://theblindsportpodcast.com
Email: mike at theblindsportpodcast.com
Mobile: (within New Zealand) 021 044 9428, (International)+64 21 044 9428
Facebook: http://facebook.com/theblindsportpodcast
Skype: theblindsportpodcast
Twitter: blindsportmike