[Sportsandrec] Looking for ways to navagate Trails in nature.

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sun Aug 23 23:30:18 UTC 2015

You know what's funny... If I organize a group outing on the trails I feel ultimately responsible for everyone's safety, even the sighted folks.

I don't see in itself an issue in the ownership of responsibility, I guess to me it depends on how it's presented. If it's babying or patronizing I have a problem, but if it's pointing out true hazards, interesting scenery, or something like inclement weather I'm pretty okay with it. I would like to think my skills off the beaten path are adequate, but I also wouldn't want to miss a one foot wide bridge over a twenty foot dropoff... Trust me that sucks the fun out of a hike.

Kel