[Sportsandrec] Descriptive stretching

Jessica Beecham Jessica at wefitwellness.com
Mon Aug 31 16:58:22 UTC 2015

I do a lot of yoga which is great for flexibility, strength, and overall wellness. I really love Bikram or Hot Yoga. It was great when I first started practicing yoga because you repeat the same sequence of 27 poses in each class. It gives you a chance to really learn some of the basic yoga poses that are used in lots of classes. The heat also allows you to really get deep into each posture. After I did that for a while I started experimenting with lots of different types of yoga. Starting with a foundation in Bikram really have me confidence to go into other classes.

I do not believe this is the only way to get into practicing yoga but there will be less variation in the beginning so you can really learn what you are doing.

This is just my experience. You can certainly just incorporate simple stretches into your daily routine, try pilates, do some ballet bar class or use other means to achieve the same end result.

Best Wishes

Jessica Beecham

Sent from my iPhone