[Sportsandrec] The positive impact of beep baseball on the lives of the blind

kyle smith saber.smith82 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 07:21:26 UTC 2015

On 6/30/2015 1:14 AM, Jennifer Boylan via Sportsandrec wrote:
> Hi friends, please watch this powerful video about belief in what blind people can do and the positive impact of beep baseball in their lives! http://youtu.be/304W-SgsVcg
>

> Find a team near you on the teams page link at: www.nbba.org
>
> Keep believing in yourself, have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!
>
> Warmly,
>
> Jennifer Boylan, Captain
> CA Rays beep baseball team
> www.facebook.com/blindbaseball

I've been wanting to get involved in something like that but I’m told by
those outside of the blindness field that this is a minor league sport,
and as such i would need to try out as far as the try outs would go i
figured that much would be true. However, as to being a minor league
team kind             of set up I am not quite sure that is completely
accurate information. Can anyone who has played on any teams give me the
lay of the field as it were? If you would like to talk to me directly,
my e-mail is saber.smith82 at gmail.com <mailto:saber.smith82 at gmail.com>

If it helps you to help me, I used to play on a church softball team, so
I understand the concepts between fast and slow pitch.

I used to play before my blindness, and a bit after said blindness but I
had to lay my jersey down and that was a mistake to this day I am still
regretting.

The other challenge I am facing I am the only blind person in my city
whose likely willing to start in something like this.

In addition, if this helps you I am near-by to the Minnesota miller’s
territory so that should give you some idea of what I am up against, in
terms of location and other variables.