[Sportsandrec] An Introduction

Michael bonsai1b at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 31 14:32:21 UTC 2015

Hi,
My name is Michael Blakely.  I had declining vision for twenty years and completely lost my sight seven years ago.  I played collegiate tennis and played competitively for several years after college but lost interest as my vision began to decline, so I became a gym rat and began bodybuilding.  But requirements of my career and finishing graduate school took most of my time.  After losing my sight I completely  withdrew for a couple of years.  But I am now pursuing the activities I did before my sight loss.  I have begun the fitness lifestyle once again, working out at the gym four to five days a week.  But a few activities I once did allude me.  I was an avid sailor, backpacker, and cyclist.  I am interested in getting back into one or all of these.  I have spoken to Kris at Blind Sailors Unlimited and am interested in any tips to help me network with others who may be able to help me participate in my interests.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Michael