[Sportsandrec] running and jogging

Karen Palau kapa3960 at verizon.net
Sat May 2 00:15:10 UTC 2015

Hi Rachel:

No I ran it here in Buffalo, NY.  My daughter has run marathons for probably
five years or more.  She's now training for the one here in Buffalo on the
23rd of May, I believe.  The name of the blind guy who ran the Boston
marathon is named Randy Pierce.  If you Google his name you will probably
find his story.  The name of the blind CEO of Guiding Eyes is named Tom
Panek.  I'm sure you'll find something about him on Google as well.  I think
exercise is so good for everyone, but I find that it does something special
for those of us who are blind or visually impaired.  Maybe it gives us the
sense of freedom that only running can give you!  (smile)

Karen