[Sportsandrec] running and jogging

Jody Ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:02:53 UTC 2015

Dogs are not long distance runners. They are sprinters. I will walk jog with my guide dog but I don't think I would take him on a long distance run. I also don't think their pads would hold up on a long run on pavement especially if the pavement is hot.

I just started running with my daughter-in-law using the couch to 5K in eight weeks program. We live in a rural setting on a road that is crushed shells so it is very soft to run on like  a cinder surface.  The road is a half-mile dead end street with only four houses so there is little to no traffic. I run down the middle-of-the-road and she runs next to me telling me if I ever veer left or right.

I think if we ever did enter a race I would use a short rope and we would both hold each and so there would be a soft connection between us. I think I might even get a T-shirt that says blind runner on the back so that people wouldn't try to move between us. My granddaughter is running with us so if we ever do enter a race there would be three generations.

JODY 🐺
thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."  DOCTOR WHO (Tom Baker)