[Sportsandrec] where to find accessible yoga DVD's and such?

Tristan Pierce tpierce at aph.org
Tue Sep 8 11:39:17 UTC 2015

Hi Dacia. The yoga package you are talking about is the Visually Impaired Yoga Mat (VIYM) that was created by Tracy Curly. It includes the tactile yoga mat and two DVDs. I have included a link below from APH's physical education website when we featured the mat. Cindy Rogers, a yoga instructor who is bind, uses the mat in her classes. Unfortunately, Tracy Curly died earlier this year. I understand that Independent Living Aids continues to sell Tracy's yogi mat and DVDs. I saw another group at the Blinded Veterans Association Nation Conference last month selling it as well, but I cannot remember the organization's name. Here is APH's link about the mat. Below it I have placed Tracy's website. I do not know who is managing it now. Tracy was a wonderful person and is greatly missed. If you would like to talk with Cindy Rogers about her experience using the mat, I am sure she would love to talk to you. Cindy has done two features for me on the APH physical education website. You can reach her at Cindy Rogers (pawsinsight at cox.net).
http://www.aph.org/pe/yogamat.html
http://rousettus.com/

Tristan Pierce
American Printing House for the Blind