[Sportsandrec] Accessible equipment for blind athletes

Santiago Velasquez zanty410 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:07:56 UTC 2016

Since most of my running is done on trails rather than on pavement, I have to grab my guide’s elbow. This is due to the trails not being constant, or even, we have to make small corrections constantly and very fast.

I also use my cane in a hovering stile, just so that it doesn’t get stuck on any rocks, sticks, etc.