[Sportsandrec] {Spam?} Re: Loosing weight? I have a good idea.

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 23:35:42 UTC 2016

Don't forget spin!
My blind roommate and I find our workouts at a
health club morningly, get's our days started
beautifully.my gym. J On 7/18/16, Ron Burzese via
SportsandRec <sportsandrec at nfbnet.org> wrote: >
Okay, I’m now 48, but since I was in my early
teens, it has always been the > bicycle that has
leaned me out, more than anything. > > Of course,
I ride a tandem, exclusively, now, but when I
cannot get out for > a real ride, I turn to the
exercise bike. I know that sounds, like, so >
boring, but with the right distraction, along
with a fan, blowing in my > face, and a bottle of
water, nearby, it can be an enjoyable workout.
Believe > me, if you do it, the endorphins will
come. Your body does not know the >
difference. > > A friend of mine, attends Weight
Watchers. He met a woman, who vowed to > herself,
not to watch TV, unless she was pedaling her
exercise bike. She has > now lost over 100
pounds. I asked him for the link. He said there
was none. > He just knows her, from the
meetings. > > I generally ride my exercise bike
for an hour per day, five days per week, > unless
I get out for a real ride, which is two to four
hours, generally. It > keeps my weight down,
along with my cycling fitness constant, between >
outdoor rides. > > Cycling, along with swimming,
I’d guess, are two of the best activities,
for > those with extra weight. This is because
you are not constantly changing the > direction
of that extra weight, reducing stress on, or
injury to your > joints, ligaments, etc. It is
one of the few activities you can do, sitting >
down, with a fluid, low-impact motion. > > I’m
not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I’ve
been a cyclist, for over > 35 years, not counting
the juvenile years of Stingrays and BMX, cruising
the > neighborhoods. > > Exercise bikes can be
found for free on craigslist, or for pennies on
the > dollar, at garage sales, second-hand
stores, or other places. Find one that > is
smooth and quiet and learn how to adjust it for
your comfort. I’d be > happy to give you some
pointers. Recumbent, stationary bikes are out
there, > for even more comfort, yet the
traditional, upright bikes can work well, if >
set up properly. > > My current exercise bike is
a race-level bicycle, on a stationary stand, >
that provides resistance, to the rear wheel. The
resistance unit I have, has > an option for a
transmitter that will be received by my iPhone,
to tell me > speed, watts produced, distance, and
other such telemetry. Feedback, can be > an
excellent coach, as you ride. I have not yet
taken that step, but for > now, pedal faster,
during guitar solos. > > Regards, > > Ron
Burzese, NOMC > Sacramento > 916-716-5400 > >
Join the blind cycling list at: > >
blind_cycling-subscribe at yahoogroups.com >
get your account info for > SportsandRec: >
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/sportsandrec_nfbnet.org/jsteelelouchart%40gmail.com
 > -- J Steele-Louchart I Will Find A Way or I
Will Make One