[Sportsandrec] {Spam?} RE: Stairmaster

Kociaba Fitness kociabafitness at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:14:40 UTC 2016

Standing desks in both schools and offices are something I have heard about
a lot recently and with all the research about sitting  for extended periods
of time being a big negative the concept looks interesting but the idea of a
treadmill desk is just insane! First there is the cost and second as your
mind gets deeply involved in your work you run the risk of injuring yourself
by, well forgetting to walk.  Also your ability to focus on your work seems
like it would be compromised by having to be awaire of having to walk.  It's
a kind of multi tasking that seems very bad to me.  About a year ago I
Interviewed Kelly Starrett who along with has wife is one of the big
proponents of the standing desks and they have done a lot to promote the
concept in the san franscisco school system.  We got on the subject of the
treadmill desk and he got very intense about how "stupid" an idea it was.
Re little stepper gadgets, the  one of the problems with virtually every
stairmaster type gadget is that you can just get into a pattern of shifting
your weight and kind of bouncing back and forth...its no where near as
effective as just climbing stairs.

Bill Kociaba
www.kociaba-fitness.com
"Building Better Bodies Since 1981"