[Sportsandrec] sailing

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Nov 22 17:52:39 UTC 2016

Good morning Kris and everyone,

     First I went to school with an individual who is blind and heavily
into sailing. If the name of Matthew Chao is familiar to you he and I
went to school together. He's been into blind sailing for many years.

     If you could send us contact information my wife and I may want to
discuss this with you further. Here is one way this division could
partner with blind sailors to introduce other blind people to this
sport. How about making contact with other sports-related organizations
and creating similar partnerships. I know that Bowling, Goalball and
various Beep-Ball sports are very popular sports among the blind. A
great initiative should be to introduce blind children and adults to
other sports by working with various blind sporting groups to sponsor
clinics around the country i.e. a partnership with the United States
Blind Golf Association to introduce golf to more blind individuals for
example. And let's not forget about organizing various sports
tournaments to benefit the NFB and other blindness-related concerns.
Some agencies for the blind have already done this. The NFB should do
likewise. All the best for a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Peter Donahue