[Sportsandrec] {Spam?} RE: hello from a new member

Naima Leigh nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:37:27 UTC 2016

Welcome Nella and Happy Birthday Kris.

-----Original Message-----
From: SportsandRec [mailto:sportsandrec-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Kris F via SportsandRec
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:31 PM
To: Sports and Recreation for the Blind Discussion List
Cc: foleyforever at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Sportsandrec] {Spam?} RE: hello from a new member

Hi Nella,

I am Kris and I am celebrating my 45th birthday today.  Only in the last
year have I started taking my weight and physical fitness seriously.  I am
on weight watchers and have lost 30 pounds with 29 more to go.  This year, I
walked/ran a 10k in 103 minutes.  This is my personal best.  In June, I just
joined a Hot yoga studio.  I have recently started doing a more intense
class called hot power yoga.  The instructors tell me that I look like I am
starting to get better balance.  Basically, I don't think it is ever too
late to try something new or get fit.  Feel free to keep in touch.
Foleyforever at gmail.com.

Sent from my iPhone

<sportsandrec at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Hi Nella,
> Welcome to the group.
> I too have been involved in probably more than a   dozen  activities for
the
> blind over the years. Age can start to nudge one away from some of
> them but many  sports and recreations for the blind can be done into
> old age. I am 55 and would probably  consider playing Beep ball again
> next year but I have some logistical issues that are keeping me from
> getting involved which have nothing to do with  fitness or any of that.
> OK I am not saying 55 is old. Just  saying.
> I wrestled in Highschool and college. Now that is a sport that is not
> for someone in their fifties. I would end up with a broken something
> or another pretty quick.
> One activity I can think of that is good for at least getting out and
> staying active that does not require much training or   intense work outs
is
> bowling. It is not too demanding  of course but does get the blood
flowing.
> And I   have been  learning that just the act of socializing actually  has
> lot more benefits to ones health than  most of us realize.
> Anyway    probably  preaching to the  quire but just thought I  would put
in
> my two cents worth.
>
> Always good to see new members join   the list.
> Robert

SportsandRec: