[Sportsandrec] Triathelon Questions

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:15:01 UTC 2016

I just did my first triathlon in 20 years this past summer. I previously had
been sighted when doing races, so this was my first time as a blind person.

I was fortunate and discovered a tri group in our city seeking blind runners
to do a local tri. People already had volunteered to be partners. My
husband, myself and another blind participant did it and were paired with
like partners. So I'm not entirely sure how to find partners on your own.
Perhaps advertising on Facebook or with your local Y. You can also join
local tri and/or running groups and may find someone interested in training
with you.

Having done it sighted and now bblind, I didn't find anything different in
terms of the physicality and movement. The only real difference was I now
worked with a partner and was not doing it alone.

If you have more specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

Bridgit