[Sportsandrec] Large runner

Gaston Bedard gasbedard at videotron.ca
Wed Mar 1 12:04:22 UTC 2017

Hello Joe,

That's fantastic, you ran NYC with Achilles, twice.
Keep it up, running is great for over all fitness.

I do encourage blind and deaf blind folks to take up jogging, running or
speed walking, indoors on a treadmill, and outdoors with sighted guides.
The more I run and work out, the happier I get.

I would like to keep in touch with all of you runners on this list, as
there's a lot we can chat about.
I have a large bunch of running stories, and fitness articles here, that I
can share with the runners interested.

My email: gasbedard at videotron.ca

I started running as a sighted runner some 40 years ago.
I ran 14 full marathons as a sighted runner.
My first marathon was in May 1979, finished in 3 hours, 26 minutes.
My personal best in the marathon is 2 hours, 54 minutes, in May 1981, at age
29.

Gradually over the years, I lost all my vision.

I ran 3 full marathons as a deaf blind runner with sighted guides.
2016 NYC marathon in November.
2015 Boston Marathon in April.
2014 Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon in May.

I am now totally blind and deaf, I will be 65 on May 31st.
I will keep on running for as long as I can, which is likely another 50
years or so.
That's the plan.

I will post the Large Lady Runner story soon.

Feel free to email me, ask questions, discuss your running adventures.
Would love to hear from all of you runners.

Gaston