[SportsandRec] USA B5 SPORTS ETC?

Ricky Lomey rickyl at iafrica.com
Thu Dec 12 20:43:00 UTC 2019

Hi list

Has the classification of B5 reached the USA, I presume it's not only for
sports but generally, British Blind Sports has it and I was therefore
wondering whether there are local classifications though I always thought
any classification of visual and any other challenge would be universal and
also what level of sight or partial sight would B5 then constitute, would
people in this classification for example get automobile licenses? I asked
on a local blind list here but no response about what B5 is, was mentioned
in info on tennis programmes for B2 to B5 and also that snooker is now open
to B5, at Pioneer School I think the highest classification was B3 and I
heard some there who were old enough actually went for learners licenses for
automobiles, by the way, B1 is quite often mentioned in reference to and
therefore being included in tennis programmes though not sure if snooker for
B1 has been revived as it's not included under group seven of the eight
groups of disability it covers, group seven refers to visually challenged
and only mentions B2 and B3 and now B5 and probably B4 too.

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey