[SportsandRec] Looking for a Fitbit and questions about exercise apps?

Rod Maccoux rmaccoux55 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:17:38 UTC 2020

Hi Dacia,

Have you tried using the iSmoothRun app?

Here is a description with a link to it below that.  It is only $4.95, and very accessible with VoiceOver.  I don't know what you are tracking, or if you use a treadmill, but this might be less costly than a Fit Bit band and work better.

Description

iSmoothRun is the best App to effectively track and log all of your running, walking, hiking, cycling and any other fitness activity you like. Solid performance.
Continuous development. Best sensor and external display support.

The best stand alone Apple Watch app, with configurable pages and solid performance that puts to shame any sports watch.

Connect your BT sensors to your watch and leave your phone home.

Best Interval and workout editor to help you follow your training plan. Create any workout based on HR, HR Zone, Pace and let the app pace you. Workouts
are available on the Apple Watch too with full Audio support! Even Power based workouts are supported for stryd footpods or cyclists.

Programmed by runners. Used by coaches. Check out our user reviews.

- GPS and Pedometer

Using both the GPS and Pedometer iSmoothRun literally follows you in every step of your training. It will automatically switch modes depending on GPS signal
strength.

- All day step tracking for iPhone 5S/6/7/8/X users

- Listen

Accurately tracks time, distance, location, pace, altitude, running cadence, heart rate, power and reports them with audio announcements at configurable
time or distance intervals.

- Improve you running Form

iSmoothRun will consistently track your running cadence. Use the build in metronome to easily raise it.

- Auto Pause

Stopped at a traffic light, or on the top of your climb to catch a glimpse of the view? iSmoothRun will pause and start automatically as soon as you are
on the move again.

- The most extended support for sensors

All BT Smart sensors (HRMs, footpods, speed/cadence combo, cycling power)

Support for Stryd and Milestone Pod advanced footpods (custom metrics like Contact Time, Form Power etc are supported too)

All ANT+ (extra hardware needed: 4iiii Viiiiva )

- Your data are yours, Don't lock yourself in.

We love being open. Export your training data in GPX,TCX,KML,PWX, or CSV format. Connect and share your workouts with the most active running communities,
Dailymile, Runkeeper, Runningfreeonline, Garmin Connect, Strava, sportTracks, Movescount, 2PEAK and TrainingPeaks. Post to Facebook and Twitter. This is
the most connected app, period.

- Intervals? We love them too

Powerful interval editor will let you define, in an easy way, all of your interval/structured workouts. iSmoothRun will then coach you during your run.
Support for Heart rate zones.

-Run/Walk

Are you into Run/walk training? Great. Now it's easier than ever to set your timers and enjoy all the benefits of the best running app.

- Track your Shoe mileage

Every runner knows that tracking the mileage of his running shoes is essential. Now it's easier than ever.

- Enjoy

Swiss design. When it comes to design only the best is good enough.

- Check your workout statistics

Average pace/speed, cadence, total distance, time, average/maximum heart rate and climb. Splits and interval statistics. Graphs for pace cadence heart
rate and altitude.

- Your iPhone is your training log

All your data stored in the device. Amazing customizable graphs for each run and for weekly, monthly loads. Follow closely your training load, train smarter
and avoid overtraining.

- Lose weight

Track your caloric expenditure for both running, walking and cycling taking into account activity type, weight, gender and slope or heart rate if available.
Track your weight. Connect it with your withings or Aria scale.

- We love Cycling too

Pair it with any cycling sensor, combo, speed only or power meter. (BT Sensors only)

- Ghost Run

Race against a previous run of yours or a predefined pace. Get motivated, evaluate your training.

...and much more!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ismoothrun/id410965399