[SportsandRec] How To Use a Screen Reader on the Peloton Bike

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:16:29 UTC 2020

I saw this on another list.  Has anyone heard about this?  What other
accessible fitness devices can you tell me about?  Thanks.

How To Use a Screen Reader on the Peloton Bike

A new feature makes the Bike more accessible.

By Team Peloton

https://blog.onepeloton.com/screen-reader-peloton/

At Peloton, we're committed to providing the best, most immersive, and
accessible experience for our Members. Part of that mission means committing
thoughtfully to introducing features and updates that make the Peloton
experience more seamless and intuitive for Members of all fitness abilities
and ambitions.

For that reason, today we're excited to be adding the TalkBack screen reader
to our Bike to provide Members who are blind or have low vision with audio
feedback when they interact with the Bike touchscreen.

Why did we make these changes?

Put simply, we want all of our Members to have access to all of our
fantastic content and be able to reach their fitness goals. We've spent the
past several months gathering input from our Member community and the
American Council of the Blind to inform this and future features to
accommodate Members who are blind or have low vision.

In our last major accessibility update, we added support for captions and
subtitles for the majority of our library of on-demand classes. This was an
important step in making our platform more accessible and we know it made a
big difference to our Members who are deaf or hard of hearing. While we're
excited about the update today, we recognize there's a long way to go
towards making Peloton accessible to all.

What's next?

Today's update is part of our ongoing commitment to expanding accessibility
features to as many Members as possible over time. Going forward, we'll
continue to work closely with some of you, our Members, to ensure new
features are as usable and comprehensive as possible and help us to improve
these and other accessibility features over time.

If you'd like to provide feedback on the feature or participate in future
useability testing with our research team, please reach out to
accessibility at onepeloton.com <mailto:accessibility at onepeloton.com>  for more
information.

For more information:

For basics on operating the Google Talkback feature on your device, read our
article on Peloton Accessibility:
https://support.onepeloton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045166672/

To reach out with questions or feedback, email us at
accessibility at onepeloton.com <mailto:accessibility at onepeloton.com> .

For more on our commitment to Accessibility:
https://www.onepeloton.com/accessibility

Sherri Brun

 <mailto:flmom2006 at gmail.com> flmom2006 at gmail.com

NFBF Newsline Marketer

Phone:  1-844-827-7371

                                The National Federation of the Blind knows
that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations

of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what
holds you back.

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into
reality.