[SportsandRec] Think about your fitness in a different way

ReVision Training LLC tylermerren at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 19:27:56 UTC 2020

Fitness is not just about the movements, it has so much to do with the
mindset. Every week I do a check in with my group, and encourage them to
think differently about themselves and their health and fitness. Check out
this post and click the link to join my group, as I believe that both will
encourage you.

Check in for the week of July 12 – “I’m so embarrassed.”  If I had a dime
for every time one of my clients would tell me this, I would be a wealthy
man.  I would never allow them to back out of doing the exercise or machine
though, both because I knew they were capable, and because I wanted them to
learn and grow.  We may have changed the setting or location to help them
feel more comfortable, but I always demanded that they do it.  Do you ever
feel that way about your own fitness?  Do you ever have fear, or feel self
conscious when it comes to exercise?  Does even the idea of getting a gym
membership make you feel anxious because you have this picture in your head
of a bunch of fit people working smoothly and effortlessly on the
equipment, and you feel lost?  I mean, even exercises in your own home,
what If you are doing them wrong?  We seem to have this notion about
fitness that we should just intuitively know what to do, and if we are not
in good shape, that this is a shameful thing.  Stop and think for a second
about this idea, doesn’t it seem a little off?  It is completely crazy for
us to expect ourselves to be able to do something we have never learned,
and then to feel bad about that.  Think about it this way, if I came to you
and handed you a harmonica, and said, “here, play this harmonica for me.”
 You would say, “Well, I don’t know how to play the harmonica, it is a
skill I’ve never learned.”  You would not feel silly, or ashamed, or
embarrassed, it’s just something you have yet to pick up in life.  Why then
do we feel this way about exercise and fitness?  When you see a fit person
running smoothly and effortlessly on a treadmill, at some point that person
learned both how to run and how to use the treadmill.  When you see a built
weight lifter or a lean swimmer, they didn’t come out of the womb like
that, they made themselves that way through much time spent learning and
applying.  I challenge you today to look at yourself as objectively as you
can, and decide that you will not feel shame for something you just haven’t
learned yet, but that you will start today to make strides toward acquiring
those skills that you want to have to make yourself more fit and healthy.
Take a look at yourself and decide that you are worth it, that you are
intelligent, and though it may take work and time, as most things that are
worth it will, that you are going to get it done.  Post below with how your
training went this past week and what you will do this upcoming week to
learn and grow in your fitness journey.

To join my Facebook group for more content like this, click this link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/492112998046718/?ref=share
--
ReVision Training, LLC
"Let's Change The Way We Look At It."

Tyler Merren
Personal Trainer, Motivational Speaker, Paralympic Athlete

Phone: 269-207-3000
Email: tylermerren at gmail.com
Website: www.tylermerren.com