[SportsandRec] an ADA question

Gaston Bedard gasbedard at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 6 12:54:48 UTC 2024

Hello Bill.
I feel your frustration.
Just a few ideas.
I worked out in a local gym for 11 years, and the machines were as they
were, mostly for the sighted.
I ended up memorizing the buttons, knobs, stick here and flat screen there.
One suggestion.
There is a sticky rubbery substance that will form a dot or bump when it
dries.
Most sticky dots and bumps fall off after awhile.

Another idea.
Speak with the president or supervisor of the INCA, where you are working
out.
Get it down in writing, by email.

Then, you may want to email and speak with the INCA head office .
It is good to have it in writing.
Therefore, email communication is a great way to get positive results.

Recently, I received my banks accessibility policies by email in the Word
format.
I had requested accommodation due to my blindness and deafness.
The 2 bank managers didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
I finally got the documents after 5 months and 20 emails.
The bank head office is now following up on my complaint.

I can email them to you, if you like.
Gaston